Two months ago, I posted this picture of burp cloths all cut out and ready to be sewn. I was sure that it would only be a matter of days before they were finished. Ha!! They went into UFO (Un-finished Object)/Project Limbo Mode along with everything else I was trying to do at the time.
Two months of things sitting on my kitchen table:
It still looks like this, by the way. Only with different piles.
Usually 2-3 weeks would go by without any progress. It was making me insane in the membrane.
So I am posting this in celebration of the things I have actually been able to finish. I still have much more to do, but this is a start. And I don't have pictures to prove it, but I also finished my DANG MENDING PILE, which had over 20 items in it, so that is something.
Of course, some of the problem is because I do things in big quantities. I am trying to build up my baby gift stash because I know about a dozen other pregnant friends and family right now.
My burp cloth gift stash!
I had been buying remnants of flannel from Jo-Ann every time I went in, so I had a lot to use up. I made 40 of this kind. They are easy and quick to make, unless you have other responsibilities/kids. Then they take months.
With the remaining girly scraps, I cut out 20 squarish burp cloths for myself.
They turned out all different shapes and sizes, (plus one extra wavy one) but I tried to make them around 8-10 inches. I used the ones I made for Luke like this nonstop for 3+ years, for spit up, drool, and for sticking in the crook of my elbow so his head wouldn't get sweaty against my skin. So handy!
This is a new item I came up with. It's an 8x8" square with ribbon taggies and a crinkly interior. This was my first attempt, which I gave to my niece Nora to test:
Babies are like cats. They love stuff that crinkles.
Then I made one for my niece Sky (I have a lot of older nieces on Mark's side), who is having her first baby a couple of weeks after me:
And also this awesome Star Trek blanket because she is a Trekkie:
And this diaper clutch.
I love sending homemade gifts. (I also sent her a bunch of Luke's old baby clothes.)
Next on my to-do list:
Little tiny peasant dresses!
I am going to finish these soon if it kills me.



3 comments:
Bring me some and I will sew them for you! Everything is so cute!!
What a great job you do! The peasant dress sounds adorable I can't wait to see!
I still use the diaper/wipes tote that you made for Griffin. We almost never need to change diapers away from home any more, but it I keep it in my car - just in case. It is the perfect size. I love it!
Post a Comment