This is just a post about the quick trip we took last month. We drove up to Payson (northern Utah, 3 hours away) and stayed with my Aunt Sherri from Friday-Sunday Nov. 22nd-24th.
Sherri has a super sweet, mellow Australian Shepherd mix named Jetta and Luke was TERRIFIED of her! If she was anywhere within eyesight, he had to have someone holding him. I don't know why that was--he has never had a bad experience with a dog. He just isn't used to being around them. By the time we left though, Mark got Jetta to lick Luke on the face and he ended up giggling and laughing about it. Baby steps, I suppose.
It worked out because they have a child care area you can drop your kids off at for 60-90 minutes while you do your shopping. This was at the outside waiting area. Inside is lots of fun stuff, including a ball pit! The kids LOVED it. They ended up catching a stomach bug there, which showed up the morning after we got home, but at the time it was worth it.
The kids' toy area is full of awesome (cheap!) stuff like this. It's the Big Bad Wolf and Grandma from Little Red Riding Hood. And there's a pouch inside the wolf's mouth so he can "eat" grandma! It's just the sort of thing Madelyn would love. She's into those morbid fairy tales.
After we checked out and got the kids, we went upstairs and ate lunch in the cafeteria. It was crowded but the food was good. We were all pretty tired and Luke really needed a nap, so Mark dropped me off at my sister Megan's college dorm in Orem and they drove back to Sherri's house.
Meg took me to the mall by her place and we went to H&M (another Scandinavian store...) and I bought Luke a bunch of their 2-pack long sleeve t-shirts that are so cute and comfy. I guess I could have ordered some online, but it's just a fun store to go to. Lots of accessories, and everything is so cheap! Love that place.
The Disney Store was just across the hall, so we stopped in and drooled over all the princess stuff that we secretly wanted to buy for ourselves.
I mean, look at this!!!! I would have DIED to have this at Madelyn's age!!! She just saw the picture and was like, "GASP". It's $40 though. Maybe if she gets birthday money. She loves their silky nightgowns, too, but they're $30. (I found one later for $17, shhhhh).
Then we had to race back to Sherri's because it was time for the DOCTOR WHO 50th ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL!!!!!!!!!!!
Doo-weeeee-oooooooooooooo!!!!!!!
What everyone was most looking forward to was David Tennant and Matt Smith--the 10th and 11th Doctors--being on screen together. I LOVE those two.
(The Doctor is a Time Lord, and instead of dying, their race "regenerates" when their body wears out and they get a new body/face but they are the same person. And since the Doctor time travels, he sometimes runs into himself.)
And it was SO EPIC!!!!! And glorious! And funny! And timey-wimey!
I won't try to explain the plot--I don't want there to be any spoilers, and if you don't follow the show it wouldn't make sense anyway. It barely made sense even to me.
There were actually three Doctors on screen together in this show. It was pure gold.
The only problem was that there were commercials every 7-8 minutes. You'd just be getting into things....it would be getting really dramatic and your heart would be racing and you'd be on the edge of your seat (or in my case, tears) and
*AT&T COMMERCIAL*
Ugh.
But I'm so glad we got to watch it together. Now all we need is to find someone with cable so we can watch the Christmas special! Although Matt Smith will be regenerating and I am already very depressed about it. It might just ruin Christmas. But if we don't see it then, we can't go anywhere near the internet!
We drove home the next morning and Luke got right back to his old shenanigans.
It had snowed a little and the kids were so anxious to get out of the car and run around!
When we were at IKEA, we looked for some new chairs for our computers. The mis-matchedness had been driving me crazy. The black chair was too big, the wheels had destroyed the edge of the laminate floor (back when we had a smaller desk it was positioned right on top of it), and the kitchen chair was uncomfortable and getting beat up by the kids.
We ended up getting these cute little white SNILLE Visitor chairs that are actually really comfortable! The plastic is soft and has some give to it. And they were only $17.99 a piece. Hello. There's a few other changes I want to make to that area, but this made a big difference.
Next post: Thanksgiving weekend!







1 comment:
Ikea!!! I love that place. You cant not buy something there. It is the only place I black Friday shopped at. And H&M is fun too!
Post a Comment