For some reason, this is the only picture I have, but on Thursday we met my friend Liz and her four kids (Jace and Kelty pictured here) at Park Discovery here in Cedar. Liz used to live up in northern Utah but has moved back south! We are excited to have their family close by again. We used to live right next to each other back in 2003-4 and went to college together.
The next day was my niece Ava's birthday and she had a party at Jumpin' Jacks down in St. George. I took the kids down and they bounced around like crazy for 3 hours after the cake, ice cream and presents.
Luke (only eating the frosting, as usual), Madelyn and Ava's brother Nathan
My sister Maria came with her girls Emery and Nora, but neither of them wanted to jump. It was pretty loud and overwhelming...
Both my kids are fearless on the big slides, and Madelyn would usually start hers off with a somersault at the top....(no supervision at this place)
Birthday girl :)
Luke has been bugging me NONSTOP to go "bouncing" again. We used to have a similar place here in Cedar, but I don't think it's around anymore. I was worn out just sitting there watching them for so long!
Saturday we spent mostly in our pajamas watching cooking shows on TV. The best kind of day! Mark had to leave the house about five different times to see babies at the hospital and do other work related stuff. His phone was ringing off the hook that day and Sunday, too.
Monday, Mark had off (he took off Monday-Wednesday) and so we finally made a family trip to Zion. I have a lot of pictures from that so I'll do a separate post. It was beautiful! We went on two hikes.
On our way back from Zion, we stopped by my folk's new house they're building. The last time I saw it, it was an empty lot.
My mom showed us around...the house is absolutely ginorm. I don't know the exact square footage, but I do know that the upstairs alone (which will mostly be for my sister Meg) is about the same footage as our house. Come to think of it, so is the garage. You could probably fit four of our houses into theirs overall.
The basement...
The back...
The little hobbit hole...
My aunt Nanette (dad's sister) was visiting from Colorado. She and my dad went to California later on to visit their mom, my Gma Murset, who just turned 96 and lives in LA.
Luke was in heaven with the sticks and dirt everywhere. He was quite filthy by the time we got home.
Mark took two of his days off to go back down to LaVerkin to work on the house for my dad. It was tiring work and he stepped on a construction nail in the middle of the first day. He had to get antibiotics and a tetanus shot (and then a flu shot the following day). I think going back to work today was a breeze compared to all that! He is currently taking a long nap.
1 comment:
Fun! Gorgeous house - does it come with a maid? I have a hard time keeping our 3,000 sq ft clean. . .
Post a Comment