Julia Smith was a friend of ours years ago when we were going to college here at SUU. She and her husband Tyler had an adorable little boy named Broderick. They have since relocated to northern Utah and had three more boys and a little girl. Somehow, Julia found the time to start pursuing her love of fashion and designing and started Whimsey Lane Apparel, which sells dresses and is now taking pre-orders for swimwear! Check out these fabulous choices!
Ava dress (comes in white and red also)
Makenna maxi coming after 4/25! Looks so comfy.
Julia has started a Kickstarter Campaign so that she can start selling these swimsuits. She has to meet a manufacturer's minimum in order for the suits to be produced this summer. Check out how adorable they are. I love retro swimsuits and I think these are great for moms who want to look cute at the beach while still being able to run around with the kids.
This is my personal favorite. I think it is so fun and cute, and I love the skirted bottom.
Click HERE to pre-order and see what her Kickstarter campaign is all about. If she doesn't meet her goal, she won't receive any of the funds people have pledged and won't be able to take these swimsuits into production this year. The campaign lasts through April 28th. You can still order dresses from her website, though.
My brother Tyler has recently started an online ring business called Evora Tungsten Rings. He has a lot of unique styles available--much more selection than you'd find in a traditional jewelers. Mark had picked out his own (very simple) white gold wedding band when we got married, so I was surprised at how excited he got about wearing something more colorful. Tyler let him buy some at cost to see how they held up, and Mark switches which one he wears every day. Even the guys he works with have noticed and complimented him on them. These are the ones he has:
Mark's white gold band is constantly getting scratched, but so far these still look brand new. Tungsten is a good choice for people who work with their hands and bang around doing manly stuff around the house and yard. Ty has a facebook page for Evora if you want to keep in the loop or refer any grooms-to-be that you may know.
My sister-in-law Nikki is a graphic designer and has started the cutest etsy shop called Cherry Bloom Designs. She sells digital scrapbook paper, color customizable holiday card and birth announcement templates, and even facebook timeline covers. She has such a good eye for patterns and colors and I love everything she's done so far. Here's a few of my favorites:
(That's my nephew in the baby boy announcements. Presh!)
Anyway, she's uber talented. She custom designed Luke's birth announcement and did such a good job--I still have mine on my fridge. With these photographer templates, if you're handy with Photoshop, you can put your own pictures in there and have them printed at Image Pro, etc. and have some beautiful cards made. Love it!!
While I'm at it, I should probably mention that her husband Paul (Mark's brother) is an aspiring writer and recently had his first e-book published! It's available for the Kindle and is called Tome of Victims. He also has an editing and proofreading business called Tomework.
Last but not least, my friend Jamie just started an etsy shop called Little V Men that sells her handmade little boy ties. They are to DIE for! And super affordable! ($7, hello...) She makes each tie in four different sizes. I fully intended to buy one for Easter for Luke, but somehow forgot. I can't decide which one I like the best. Two of her handsome sons model for her. She has five kids and a husband in medical school--I don't know how she does it.
Misi wearing this Little Boy's Tie
This is Mana, who was born the day before Luke. Watch out, ladies...
I love how anyone with talent can now market it to the world and make something productive out of their hobbies. I was not paid or bribed to write any of this, just thought you should know I think these guys are awesome! :)



















No comments:
Post a Comment