Oh Luke. Where to begin.
First of all, these blurry cell phone pics are from when I found him happily swirling toilet paper into an (otherwise empty, thank heavens) potty. He'd unroll a bunch and then put it in the water and swish it around. (Yeah, and that's him putting his wet hand in his mouth.)
Just so you know, I had Ajax-ed and Lysol-gelled the bowl the day before, but still. EW. Boys!!!
Whenever it would get too quiet around the house I'd have to go check the bathrooms to make sure he wasn't doing this again. I caught him doing it several times.
Sunday night, I found him dropping Nerd candies into the wet sink. Still not sure why. Then he smeared the mirror with his gooey hands up as far as he could reach. He can now reach to turn the lights on in all the rooms in the house, so nowhere is safe from his destruction!
Back when we had cucumbers from our garden, this is how he'd eat them. I don't think he was able to finish this one, it was too big. He just gnawed it to a big lump.
Eating a chocolate ice cream cone ON THE COUCH
He has a wooden puzzle with numbers 0-9, and he's really good at putting two numbers together and telling us what they are. Here he was making 14 and 41.
A few weeks ago, Luke swallowed this magnet (which is a very powerful rare earth magnet). He started gagging and then he threw up all over the kitchen floor, but it didn't come out. I called Mark in a panic and he said it should pass through and be fine. Sure enough, it came out in his poop the next day.
But then Mark was reading some medical literature about it and it turned out that we should have had his stomach pumped. Oops!! I guess we got lucky that he was okay! If he had swallowed two magnets at the same time, that would have been very dangerous. Good to know for future reference...
Other perils from last week: he's bit through his bottom lip, got shocked by an electrical socket and gotten runny poop on our 5-day old carpet. (Not really a peril--other than I wanted to put him in solitary confinement...) He had a Pull-Up on but it still leaked out everywhere. I just wish he'd use the potty for #2!!!
Whenever my folks come over, he makes them read him as many stories as they can stand. I don't read to him as much as I should so they have to make up for it.
This is him dancing along to a dance on pbskids.org. Another day when he was standing on the chair like this, the whole thing fell over and the side of the chair broke. We're still using it, but we're going to need a new one....
He made me read this story to him about seven times in a row one day, and then he went ahead and started eating it. Sigh..........
He wants to play on the step ladder all the time. Here he's stolen my wire beaters for my mixer and was smashing them together like "cymbals". He just likes to be loud. Really loud.
Speaking of, I bought him some pencils that have drumstick heads on them at Madelyn's book fair, and since then he's been drumming on everything. He was already drumming with chopsticks--these just made him more legit.
I took a video of him going crazy drumming to "One Last Thing" by Angels and Airwaves. He and Madelyn love that song and sing it in the car.
He found arm swimmies in his room and wore them all day one day. Too bad we weren't actually going swimming!
"Helping" with the laundry
Eating and drinking like a dog
He was taking his nap on my bed today, but then switched over to the computer chair. Comfy!
Zooming across the floor on daddy's skateboard. Oh and look, he's wearing pants, which is more than I can say for most of these other pictures.
The Great Leaf Massacre of '12. He's been going out onto the porch and violently crunching up dry leaves, à la Cookie Monster eating cookies. We think he only actually ate one dry leaf, and it didn't agree with his system, so now he just smashes them into smithereens while making "OM NOM NOM NOM NOM!" sounds.
Yesterday, he ate a pudding snack neatly with a spoon, and I thought it was the dawning of a new era, but today he proved me wrong. Oh well.
Last week, he found this Luke Skywalker action figure in his closet. We'd given it to him for Christmas last year, but he didn't show interest in it, so we didn't open it. But the other day, he brought it up to me and said, "Mama? It's awesome..." and wanted me to open it. He also had a Darth Vader, so we opened that one too.
Cue last Thursday, where we came across a HUGE Star Wars paraphernalia sale at our local video store. The owner was selling his vast collection...this is the first time I've come across an actual clichéd Star Wars collector. He had multiples of everything!
All of these are action figures! They were buy one, get one free. We bought about six (Mark has the Bespin Duel ones of Luke and Darth Vader, and he refuses to take them out of the package) and I went back the other day to buy more for Christmas.
This is currently the scene on top of our bookshelf. :D
Luke got this awesome AT-AT Imperial Walker. I always knew the Force would be strong with him. We capped off our weekend by watching Star Wars episodes IV and V. I think we need to finish off with Return of the Jedi ASAP.
So that's what Luke's been up to! Oh yeah, and he didn't get the memo about the time change, so he's been getting up at 6:30 and I am not too happy about it. Yawn!





2 comments:
So Luke and Landon should never get together. Landon has been wadding up HUGE amounts of toliet paper and *attempting* to flush them down. Some times he doesn't even bother to unroll it and just sticks the whole roll in... We have thought about hiding the tp but then what do the other kids do? And this too shall pass, right?! (but man, they sure are cute!)
Luke is quite the drummer. Cool top of the bookshelf Star Wars scene.
Post a Comment