This is unexpected. I had not planned on trying to potty train Luke until he turned 3 (granted, that is only a month away). But on Wednesday morning, Mark suggested he sit on the potty (which we've been having him do periodically), and he actually went! He ended up going in the potty four times that day.
First of all, WHAT?!!??!!?!?
For those of you who don't know, Madelyn has waged potty war with us for upwards of four years now. We introduced her to the potty when she was 2, but she solidly refused to go on it until about a month after she turned 4. We had to bribe her with new Barbies in order for her to stop using diapers. She was (is) the most stubborn, strong willed little girl about that particular subject. In fact, she still has frequent accidents, has already wet her panties at school even though it's only been a week, and still has to have a sticker chart with prizes involved to motivate her to stay dry. (There's no medical issue, just a personality issue.) It has been a rather draining battle, to say the least.
And then there's my sweetiepie son. He does like to use about 3 yards of toilet paper, but that's what makes it fun!
Luke, being a boy and far less high strung than his sister, does not see any of this as a big deal. We just ask him if he wants to sit on the potty, and he usually will. I don't even have to beg on my knees or anything!
So Mark and I decided we'd better strike while the iron is hot, and went and bought him undies and Pull-Ups yesterday. We were out of diapers and I didn't want to open the huge box of Huggies I'd just bought last weekend. So we returned the diapers and picked out some little briefs for him. He is so excited, and I have never seen anything so adorable.
He likes the SpongeBob undies the best. Mark wanted to get him Superman ones, but they didn't have any. I'm sure we can find some online. Luke loves Superman, and Mark says every little boy needs superhero undies. I guess I'll take his word for it.
Then he had to show Luke the proper way to dance around and show off in them. Ha!!
I'm so proud of my little guy. He wet in his new undies twice yesterday, but he noticed it right away and wanted to change (as opposed to Madelyn, who could have cared less). He even stayed dry in his Pull-Up all last night!
WOO-HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO LUKE!!!!!


10 comments:
That IS wonderful!
Yay for you! (And for Luke.) What will you do with all of that extra money you DON'T have to spend on diapers???
fabulous. We are in the same boat with landon right now too. So far so good, but it aint over yet.
(one tip you may not even need if he is doing so well, but is to buy those thick gerber training underwear and then layer one of them inside the cool looking undies and then if he does have an accident most of the wet is absorbed in the 2 layers and you don't have much mess to clean up. - sorry I hate it when people offer advice that isn't asked for but I just happend to try that with Landon this time around because he wanted the cool looking toy story underwear and I wanted the absorbing kind on him and so I compromised and realized it worked quite well!)
Yipppy!!!! That is so awesome Mr! I love his cute poses, hehe he cracks me up! I hope it continues to go well!
Yay, Luke!! That is awesome! "They" say that training boys is harder than girls, but Anna was my hardest to train. Stubborn. Sounds like you know all about it. Here's hoping that Luke keeps up the good work, and maybe his enthusiasm will inspire Madelyn too???
Wow! That IS so amazing! Way to go Mr. Luke! I want some super hero undies now. lol
That's awesome! Especially the part about him staying dry at night. Pene has been day-trained since she was not quite 2 1/2, but she still wets at night most of the time. If I get her on a really regular, early bed-time schedule she'll go for a stretch without wetting at night, but unfortunately I'm not that organized :P We'll keep trying. Good luck with the ongoing process!
I go away for a week and Luke's potty trained! Dang girl! That's great. Every Mom needs at least one easy one.
Isn't it so wonderful to go to the store and bypass the very aisle that has been an absolute necessity for the past 3 years?!!
Have Luke talk to Max please.
Post a Comment