Just FYI, being 30 is exactly the same as being 29.
Madelyn is still sassy.....here's the new boots she picked out because "they have heels". She prefers to wear them over her pants, à la a little English girl taking riding lessons. Or Han Solo.
Luke is still a rascal.....See these cubbies we have stacked near the front door?
He took my house keys and shoved them into the deepest, darkest corner behind the folders and books I have stored there. I looked for a solid week before I found them. If I hadn't known him to stash things there before, they'd probably still be lost.
Since my b-day was on Saturday, Mark was home and we all went to St. George. It was snowing here. Cedar City doesn't know that it's spring yet.
Madelyn (her left eye drifts when she's not wearing her glasses) had an EXTREMELY hard time not calling all the shots. She had several meltdowns and was a super crankypants because we weren't doing what SHE wanted to do. It was lovely! I tried to ignore her and went ahead and got some cute clothes at Target and scored at Dillard's because it was Clinique Bonus time and got all sorts of free makeup.
Mark got me some of my favorite music and movies, this quirky plant (since I have a black thumb), and I gifted myself a large box of chocolates and this:
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
I saw it while grocery shopping at Lins back in Oct. or Nov. last year and only had to think for .004 seconds before depositing it into my cart, but didn't have time to read it, then forgot to give it to myself for Christmas, so NOW was the time! I've been hunkered over it for days, sometimes with my iTunes Beatles library open so I can listen to the songs I'm reading about. Sigh!
I found this guy's blog post about it, and heartily agreed with it--that the beauty of the Beatle's catalog of 300+ songs is that you could create your own alternate top 10 or top 100 of their songs and it would still make sense. I know you're all dying to know my top 10. Lemme see.....
1. A Day in the Life
2. Across the Universe
3. Here Comes the Sun
4. I Feel Fine
5. Back in the U.S.S.R.
6. Two of Us
7. I Need You
8. Baby You're a Rich Man
9. If I Fell
10. All My Loving
And the entire "Help!" album. And the entire "Live at the BBC" collection. And most of "Sgt. Pepper" and "Past Masters II". I think I could easily list my top 100....buuut I won't. Today.
ANYhoo, that was my birthday....I don't feel old unless I sit and think about it, so I just try not to. Then I saw a picture of David Beckham and thought that he was a fine specimen of someone over 30 (35, actually) and so stopped feeling so paranoid. My day ended with this:
Mess of the Day
that had nothing whatsoever to do with Luke
Mark and I were finally heading to bed around 12:30am when I found it.
This bottle had been 3/4 full....it fell off the laundry cart and cracked and spewed. I had heard something fall, but didn't bother to check until much later. (Besides, would you have expected the bottle to break like that? It's really sturdy plastic!) It was super thick and soapy to clean up--Mark had to detach the washer and dryer from the wall so we could get underneath them. At least it smells very fresh in there now.
Report on the baby shower coming next!

6 comments:
I had fun catching up on your post. Don't feel too old, I'll be 40 this year! Emil is suppose to be on a scout 150 mile bike trip on my birthday. (We won't even have a child in scouts!!!) I queried him "Are you seriously going to miss my 40th birthday for a scout trip?" Choose wisely Obi-Wan.....Unless Emil M. decides to go to BYU and then we'll be in Ut setting him up at college for my birthday. (A much preferred alternative!)
Well, now we know who Luke gets it from (making messes!) :)
Just tell me turning 30 is like a walk in the park. I keep thinking it will be like walking off a cliff. A cliff called 20 and it will never be seen again. uggg. (it will be great... it will be great...) At least I am in good company!
Happy Birthday!!
Chloe did the exact same thing to Aaron's car keys a few weeks ago, which was really bad cuz they had his clinic keys and his cash box keys, it was a nightmare! We searched high and low and then weeks later found them tucked away in her bookshelf....lil stinker!
Glad to know that 30 feels the same as 29 :)
And I LOVE the Beatles! If I Fell might be my #1 . . .
Glad you had a great birthday!
Did i tell you Beckham was the dame way on my bday? He got ing the car after school and said, "what's that?" Me: my birthday cake. B: what flavor? Me: almond with pastry cream and chocolate fronting. B: I HATE almond cake! Me: oh well, it's my birthday, so the more for me if you won't eat it!
Happy happy birthday! Welcome to a new decade :) I really didn't feel any different either. I've really enjoyed my 30th year! Hope yours is amazing, too!!
Post a Comment