Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Go Thunderbirds!!


 3/9/11

I am ashamed to admit this, but Mark and I never attended a single sporting event when we were students at SUU. We got our bachelor's degrees there and spent hundreds of hours on campus, but we didn't have much time for school spirit. I guess we were too busy trying to study, work and survive on Pasta Roni.

So when Madelyn brought home a free pass to the SUU women's gymnastics meet, we figured we might as well go. It was awesome!

The Lady T-Birds were competing against BYU and Auburn University (from Alabama). Our girls won the match! Shannon Coughlin smoked everyone with a 9.90 score on her floor routine. The team has been nearly undefeated this season.

Madelyn brought her pom-poms to cheer on the team--she had a red and white SUU one that I bought her as a baby, but she immediately lost it upon arriving. I think someone else must have picked it up because I searched everywhere inside and outside and it was gone. Boo.

Luke enjoyed himself. He got to pig out on popcorn and juice, and his short attention span was appeased because they always had three things going on at once.

It was rather late, though.

 Madelyn didn't like how loud everything was (especially when the crowd cheered---and here I thought she'd love that part) but by the end, she was SET on learning gymnastics. She wanted to have lessons THAT NIGHT. She was pretty mad when she found out that nobody taught at 9:30pm. Looks like I'm going to be looking into some summer classes for her...

We enjoyed ourselves so much that I dare say we'll probably go to more events now. Madelyn is well on her way to becoming a diehard SUU fan. She went to campus last week with Mark for a PA club meeting and thought it was so cool. Let's hope the enthusiasm lasts!

And here is what happens when daddy is in charge, but is too tired to actually keep our little tornado under control:

Mess of the Day
by Luke

 I had already given Mark and Luke haircuts, and after they bathed (hence the clothes and towels on the floor...HEM HEM) I was giving Madelyn a trim. We were in the bathroom for a while cleaning up. Mark gave up waiting for us and laid down on the bed, and meanwhile Luke got into the toilet paper and a brand new case of wipes. I was thrilled, let me tell you. The blue spatula up there is something he likes to shove under the bathroom door, and then see if you shove it back. 

Well, we're leaving for Vegas tomorrow, and I'm not even close to being ready. I suppose I should get off the computer and get going now. Sayonara.

1 comment:

The Mursets said...

hehe! That pic of Luke with a diaper on his head is funny. Glad you had a fun night!