OK...I am deliriously tired...waiting for a Dr. Pepper's restorative qualities to kick in...so forgive me for my rambling, picture-heavy blog post. Our little family has logged 2,500 miles and at least 45 hours on the road these past couple of weeks. I am happy to finally be home for a while--heaven knows I have a lot to do here. But at least I'm back in my own bed and am not living out of a suitcase.
We headed out to Albuquerque last Thursday for Mark's graduation, and my mom ended up coming along. Her mom, my Gma Nora, is still in the ICU there in what has been one of her most serious health crises to date (and if you know how dismal Gma's health situation is even normally, that's saying something). All my mom's siblings came out as well to sit with Gma 24/7 to make sure she didn't keep ripping out her IV, pick line, oxygen, nasopharyngeal tube, heart monitor, blood pressure cuff, and external pacemaker. Poor thing was extremely restless and uncomfortable, but was so out of it that she didn't realize what she was doing. Anyway, she is slowly on her road to recovery and it was nice to see her and my aunts and uncles, even though the circumstances could have been better.
Enjoying some post-graduation refreshments with my mom Carolyn.
The fates were kind to us and got rid of the clouds that had been dumping snow on us all the day before.
This little Miss loves her daddy!
We're so proud of our graduate!!
We went out for some authentic New Mexican food afterwards at El Sarape (formally Mi Chante, for those in the know) in Los Lunas near where we were staying at my Gma's house. The food was so good we nearly ate ourselves into a coma. Then we went and saw Monsters vs. Aliens at the movies. It was a fun family outing.
The day before graduation, we got to spend some time with our best friends the Richards, and Madelyn (the naked one, who obviously feels right at home there) enjoyed playing and watching Sleeping Beauty with Beckham and Ravi.




On the way home yesterday, we finally kept our promise to Madelyn to stop and let her walk across the bridge that goes across the Colorado River. The visitor's center next to the bridge at the Glen Canyon Dam (which dams Lake Powell) in Page, AZ is always a nice stop on the long road to NM.
And now I've got to go address Mark's graduation announcements, which I failed to order in time and so are being sent out after the fact. Hopefully the next time someone graduates I'll be more on top of things. I figure I've got about 14 years to get ready. That should be enough time, right??? What do you mean--"Your life is going to be even more busy then" ?! Sigh.
We're so proud of our graduate!!
Yeah, I know this is a long post. You can't say I didn't warn you...
And now I've got to go address Mark's graduation announcements, which I failed to order in time and so are being sent out after the fact. Hopefully the next time someone graduates I'll be more on top of things. I figure I've got about 14 years to get ready. That should be enough time, right??? What do you mean--"Your life is going to be even more busy then" ?! Sigh.
11 comments:
He's all done!! Yay! Congrats to the both of you.. I hope you get some rest. I loved your pictures from Disneyland!!
Congrats Mark! And CONGRATS MELISSA!!! We're happy that this day has finally come! Our thoughts and prayers are with the whole family. . .
Yay! I am so Happy for you guys! Congrats to Mark! I was late on Adam's announcement too, wait I am not even sure if they got sent out. Oh well.
Yippee!!! You and Mark made it, and so did we! Thanks for the shout out :) We are so glad that we got to know you and your family during the past 27 months. We will have to keep eachother posted in the years to come. I'm so excited for what lies ahead...I'm sure you are too!!!
Congrats! What a relief it must be for Mark to be graduated!!
Hope the house hunt is going well.
Congrats to both of you! Melissa it looks like you have your Pht (put Hubby through) degree also! Congrats on the new baby! So many great changes for your family!
That's a lot of Dam water.
Also, Joliet looks like Toilet
yea!!! that robe on the right is what jeremy's looked like, just imagine a bright blue robe with yellow stripes and that's it...i'll have to send you some pics...they make me laugh.
and ravi was excited to see a picture of him and madelyn. i think my favorite quote of the day was when beckham came down stairs and said, "um, melissa, madelyn took her clothes off." i love madelyn.
Congratulations to you guys!!! I can't even imagine how good it must feel to be all DONE. That diploma is EXPENSIVE! It is more than some peoples mortgages.....
Congrats to you guys! What a feeling of relief for you huu? That's a lot of driving and with having to pee as much as you probably do it probably wasn't very fun?? Hope your pregnancy is going well! :-)
Post a Comment