Oh, wait. Did I say that I could get on with my life now that the Olympics are over? Heh, heh......
What I was forgetting was that nbcolympics.com has over 3,000 videos that you can watch to see all the things you missed, like heavyweight lifting (if you want to see a German lift 1,000 pounds over his head, tune in), kayaking, the decathlon, and replay all your favorite moments. I had to show Mark how an Australian shut out the Chinese in the men's 10 meter platform diving to get gold, when the Chinese had won every other diving event in the whole games. Plus you can watch Michael Phelps race from underwater. I CAN'T STOP! It's like a disease!!!
Well, Mark has been home this weekend, so my continuing swoonfest over the Olympics has been lessened, but as soon as he leaves tomorrow for another 2 1/2 weeks, I'll be right back to drooling and then becoming official fans of some of the choicer athletes on Facebook.
Mark has been very busy with this OB-GYN rotation, but he is having a lot of fun, believe it or not. Well, except for the times when he runs into women in Wal-Mart or at church who he has given Pap smears to (Ha!!!! Still makes me laugh). Just on Friday, he assisted with two C-sections, two tubal ligations, surgery to drain an ovarian cyst, a vaginal delivery, plus 25 patients in the clinic. Then he hopped in the car and drove up here, and then I cut his hair. It was a busy day.
Then on Saturday, he had his car tuned up, cut the lawn, did laundry, cleaned the fish tank, wrote thank-you notes for his b-day gifts, and then instead of going to the Botanic gardens like we planned, we all passed out in the living room and slept the afternoon away. (I know, you want to come visit us because we are so much fun, the way we spend our holiday weekends doing chores.)
Anyhoo, here's some photos of our moments away from the computer and the couch, for proof we haven't been total duds this weekend:
Madelyn has figured out how to use our digital camera. So she has been taking very unflattering pictures of me every chance she gets. Views of the back of my head as I'm driving, views from the couch as I'm stuffing my face with popcorn and watching the Olympics, etc. These are slightly better, of Mark cleaning out the fishtank.

On behalf of Fungus (the fish) and the Yoder's Three, Happy Labor Day! Don't forget that the mail won't be coming, so don't go out and check your mailbox and then feel dumb!!


2 comments:
You are so funny! So glad Mark is liking his rotation. Hayden really enjoyed doing deliveries and such. Which seems strange, but I think it's such a miracle to witness. I'm so proud of you! You are such a strong lady! Hang in there! Hayden starts his first day tomorrow. WOO WOO. He's so nervous... I wonder why the heck he is nervous because he knows what he is doing. But then I put myself in his shoes and the pressure would be intense. Anyway, Mad is getting so big. Love her!
I love how madi fell asleep on the couch. That is so cute. Bob has gotten 2 more interviews. One in Missouri and one at Midwestern in AZ. I guess we will see what happens. We may not be going to St. Frances after all.:(
Post a Comment