So, my last post was probably very uninteresting unless you're a member of my family. Oh, well.
And lest you think that our Madelyn has been resting on her laurels this week...
"Who, me?"
She has been a little mischichi lately. "Mischichi" is what my Grandma Nora calls mischief makers. (Not sure how to spell it. It's Spanish slang.) I think Madelyn deserves the title. What do
you think?
Mark let her come up on the roof with him while he fixed a leak in our swamp cooler. I was not a proponent of this. After telling her a dozen times to stay close to daddy and not get close to the edge, she had to be handed back down to me kicking and screaming. Just imagine if we didn't have a flat roof...
This was about an hour after we got home from church today (during which she made such a scene in Primary that she ended up back in nursery with me). I went into my craft room and discovered her under the table, covered in marker scribbles and playing with my needle-nosed pliers. She is hiding her head in shame because she knows she's in trouble. Siiiigggghhhh... An hour later:
She has been practicing sitting on the potty (hasn't gone yet). She can just hang out on there for ages, so I went into the office to check on a picture CD I was burning. I came back to find this. I thought she had fallen asleep, since she often falls asleep in the stinkbug position (although I realize the potty is an odd place to fall asleep). But nooo...
Can you see what's really happening here? She's got both arms stuck down into the bowl, nude from the waist down, no less, splashing around in the water!!! (Toilet water is actually quite clean, from what I've heard. Please tell me that's true.)
Oh, Madelyn. The things she does make me laugh, despite the trouble she causes. And then I have makings for a good post. (Plus I want proof of her behavior for when she gets older.)
Well, I need to get back to my Christian Bale movie fest. Yesterday we watched Batman Begins (drool), and I've got Little Women waiting for me. Now if I can only find a copy of Newsies...
you think?
Oh, Madelyn. The things she does make me laugh, despite the trouble she causes. And then I have makings for a good post. (Plus I want proof of her behavior for when she gets older.)
Well, I need to get back to my Christian Bale movie fest. Yesterday we watched Batman Begins (drool), and I've got Little Women waiting for me. Now if I can only find a copy of Newsies...
7 comments:
I have newsies on DVD and VHS :)!!
Wow, sounds like quite the Sunday! I vote...a vacation for you. So wait the car still shakes all over after all the work that got done do it? That doesn't seem right.
The car still shakes because we haven't gotten the bearing fixed yet. We're shopping around right now.
Awesomeness. Not everyone has a genuine sniper rifle from WWII.
Mark I'm totally jealous of the fact that you got Grandpa Wally's rifle! That's so awesome!!
melissa - your toilet water is clean...mine isn't probably as much. but i still have to say GROSSSSSS! but that's why it's fun to be madelyn!
Mmm Christian Bale fest!
Grace loves to color on everything, then when we read the book, she points at her work and sternly says "No, no."
Post a Comment