Thursday, July 17, 2008

Have Mercy!!

7/17/08

I hate to gripe in every post, but what on earth has possessed my sweet daughter lately? Today after lunch, she wanted to wash the dishes, which I concluded was a fairly benign activity, and at worst she would get wet (She went through 4 outfits yesterday. I didn't figure this would be a big deal in comparison). So I went back into the office to burn some more picture CDs for my dad, and then got a call from my sister Maria who just went to Florida to visit her boyfriend who's there for the summer. I wandered back into the kitchen a few minutes later and...

Madelyn is sitting in the windowsill, legs dangling out, and she has ripped out pieces of my house plant by the root and chucked them onto the ground outside. She's crying because I've just shouted at her (and right into the phone--sorry Maria. I was startled).

Siiiiiiigggggghhhh! At least she didn't fall out of the window, right? We keep it open for the swamp cooler. I hope this doesn't become a new antic of hers.

My poor plant!

I have caught her ripping flowers to shreds before on our plants outside and even flowers that are in a vase. So I shouldn't be too surprised. Still! Give me a break, Madelyn!

We have been without a car this week while our mechanic friend tries to figure out what's going on with the rattling in the front wheel of Mark's car (he says it's not the bearing as we previously thought), and Mark uses my car to go to work at his rotation. So I guess the fact that we've been cooped up at home has spurred Madelyn on to greater rapscallion heights.

Have mercy!!

7 comments:

The Mursets said...

Well at least she didn't find the garbage disposal switch. Sheesh!

Kevin M. said...

At least she could have done the dishes while she was there...

Katie said...

There is nothing worse than walking into a room and fearing for your child's well being. I'm glad she didn't fall!!

Jen said...

Yeah, I hear you. I haven't posted this week much because I don't want to be like "Wah wah wah. If Grace says 'Mam!' one more time I will die, and she will keep saying 'Mam! Mam! Mam!' over my poor dead body."

I'm glad Miss Madelyn didn't fall also.

Aut said...

Your posts make me laugh so hard! You are such a good mom and I think Madelyn is so lucky to have you! It is great that you are documenting these things for you both to laugh about!

things we love... said...

That makes me feel better to see that others children are the same, it MUST be the age!!!! I have been meaning to tell you that your post about Mark and his MANY accomplishments all in one week made me laugh out loud!!! Thats great!!!

EMILY said...

Hmmm....i think she needs a sibling to keep her occupied;)